Northwest Regional Healthcare Coalition Spotlight
Virginia Long-Term Care Task Force
In response to increasing cases of COVID-19 in Virginia’s long-term care facilities, Governor Northam established the Virginia COVID-19 Long-Term Care Task Force on April 10 to:
- Ensure long-term care facilities have the resources they need to combat the virus;
- Strengthen staffing, testing and infection control measures at long-term care facilities; and
- Keep stakeholders informed about the impact of COVID-19 on long-term care facilities
FEMA: Supporting Patients & Healthcare Workers
- working with partners to ensure medical supplies and equipment reach front line healthcare workers
- partner with HHS to strategically prioritize medical supplies and equipment based on data on COVID-19 disease activity and its effects
- supporting testing across the country,working with governors and tribal leaders to ensure they have the equipment, supplies and testing resource
- establishing alternate care sites to relieve pressure on local hospital systems
CDC COVID-19 LTC Facility Checklist
Nursing homes and other long-term care facilities can take steps to assess and improve their preparedness for responding to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Each facility will need to adapt this checklist to meet its needs and circumstances based on differences among facilities. This checklist should be used as one tool in developing a comprehensive COVID-19 response plan.
Follow any an all appropriate national, state, and local agencies and news outlets to ensure you properly informed of any potential threats and timeline of events. It is critical to know what could affect your area, how to get emergency alerts, allowing for the most effective plan for what to do before, during and after each type of emergency.