***THE 2020 Virginia Public Health & Healthcare Preparedness Academy has been POSTPONED***
Northwest Regional Healthcare Coalition Spotlight
2020 Virginia Public Health & Healthcare Preparedness Academy
Building Resiliency for Tomorrow’s Threats
Bringing together public health, healthcare, and emergency management professionals to provide cross-disciplinary learning opportunities in the field of public health and healthcare emergency preparedness. The Academy is free to attend.
The goal of the Academy is to provide a venue where participants are exposed to current information, research findings, and practical tools to strengthen public health and healthcare preparedness in Virginia.
- Identify tomorrow’s threats that will impact the health of people in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Describe tactics, strategies, best practices and lessons learned that have been applied with recent threats and emergencies.
- Describe emerging practices and theories that can be applied to improve emergency preparedness and resilience at the local and state levels.
- Assess key resources and tools that will assist in planning for, responding to, and recovering from disasters and other public health emergencies.
- Identify opportunities to engage with stakeholders on issues that will impact state and local public health and healthcare preparedness and response.
The 2020 Preparedness Academy runs March 23-25, 2020 at will be held at the Hotel Madison & Shenandoah Valley Conference Center located at 710 S. Main Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801. Venue and Travel information can be found at: https://virginiapreparednessacademy.org/travel/