- This event has passed.
VDH: Respiratory Fit Testing Train-the-Trainer
March 25 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
The purpose of the Respiratory Fit Testing Train-the-Trainer course is to ensure that each Health District has two individuals qualified to provide respirator fit testing for their district. In addition, the attendee will be able to train others in the proper procedures for fit-testing. This training is for qualitative testing using a hood, and not quantitative testing.
- Develop and maintain an OSHA-compliant respiratory protection program
- Use respirators to limit exposure to infectious respiratory agents
- Properly fit-test an N-95 respirator and train others on the procedures
Dr. David Wilder, Public Health Physician, Fairfax County Health Department – David.Wilder@fairfaxcounty.gov – 703-246-8478
Advance Preparation -Everyone who attends the Train-the-Trainer training needs to have:
1. completed the OSHA Medical Questionnaire form – access it by clicking on the link below<https://va.train.org/DesktopModules/Documents/ViewDocument.aspx?LcmsItemID=766>
2. secured the signature of a physician or other licensed healthcare professional on the Medical Recommendation form and bring it to the training – access it by clicking on the link below
3. a N95 Fit Test Kit like this one (click here). Each participant should bring their Fit Test Kit and N95 mask with them to the training.
Course ID : 1046592