NACCHO Preparedness Summit
March 26 - March 29
Preparedness Summit 2019: The Evolving Threat Environment
Over the last decade, the nature of threats to our national health security have changed significantly. As professionals in the public health preparedness space, we can expect these threats to continue to evolve. It is imperative that we adapt our public health practices to meet the demands of an ever-evolving threat environment. But how do we, as preparedness leaders, help our communities become more prepared to respond to and recover from uncharted catastrophic events? We can start doing so by discovering new and creative solutions to address events like pandemic diseases, the opioid crisis, active shooter emergencies, and cybersecurity threats.
The 2019 Preparedness Summit will feature experts from the healthcare and emergency management fields in addition to public health preparedness professionals to address the gaps between these life-saving industries in an effort to work more collaboratively and efficiently in the face of emerging threats. Reaching across these sectors will leverage diversity of thought and advance the capacity of our communities to respond to and recover from emergency events. We hope that this conference will provide an opportunity to build stronger partnerships and encourage us to find innovative solutions with our allies.
The Preparedness Summit is the first and longest running national conference on public health preparedness. Since its beginning in 2006, the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) has taken a leadership role in convening a wide array of partners to participate in the Summit; presenting new research findings, sharing tools and resources, and providing a variety of opportunities for attendees to learn how to implement model practices that enhance the nation’s capabilities to prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters and other emergencies.
The Preparedness Summit is hosted by the National Association of County & City Health Officials. It is being held in St. Louis, MO at the America’s Center Convention Complex.
The Northwest Region Healthcare Coalition will pay for two attendees that are part of the Northwest Region Healthcare Coalition. If interested, please contact Matt Cronin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540.705.1733.
Why Participating in the 2019 Preparedness Summit is an Investment in Your Agency and Community
Registration is now open for the 2019 Preparedness Summit! Save $100 by registering before Feb. 8, 2019. The summit will take place March 26-29 at America’s Center Convention Complex (St. Louis Convention Center) in St. Louis, Mo. This year’s theme is “Preparedness Summit 2019: The Evolving Threat Environment.”
Participating in the 2019 Preparedness Summit is an investment in your agency and community because it’s an opportunity to:
- Interact with leaders in the industry to expand your professional network and raise your profile in the public health preparedness space;
- Share your agency’s best practices and expertise with colleagues from the healthcare and emergency management and public health preparedness fields to contribute to the advancement of our nation’s health security;
- Build partnerships with these life-saving industries to strengthen your agency’s capacity in the face of emerging threats;
- Advance your creative-thinking skillset to find new ways to prepare for, respond to, and recover from threats like pandemic diseases, the opioid crisis, active shooter emergencies, and cybersecurity threats;
- Participate in interactive training and take away innovative solutions and practical strategies to meet the requirements of the evolving threat environment.
2018 Summit Recap
View photos from the 2018 Preparedness Summit